* We see and follow a lot of chronic conditions such as asthma, allergies, cerebral palsies, autism, speech delay, intellectual disabilities, and other conditions.
* These conditions usually require regular follow up, coordination of care, and many times, depending on the case, referrals to other specialists.
* Allergies are a big issue in Central Texas. Sneezing, stuffy/itchy nose, and cough are all common reasons to see us in the clinic.
* We have the ability to treat allergies in our clinic.
* It is sometimes hard to tell if the problem is allergies or otherwise. A visit to your provider is sometimes helpful.
* Asthma is also common in the Central Texas area. We see a lot of wheezing and asthma cases.
* There are two kinds of asthma visits: acute (when the child is sick and wheezing/coughing) and routine/scheduled (for overall management).
* We encourage routine/scheduled visits in order to be able to control symptoms of asthma, especially for those patients who have what we call persistent asthma: patients who come to us with recurring or ongoing symptoms. These patients require more medications than the milder cases, and might also need further testing.
* We have an asthma program that includes routine follow up and a goal of good control.
* Asthma is often related to allergies, and allergy control might be needed for control of asthma symptoms.
* Asthma is a disease that requires cooperation between the family and the providers for the best control.
* We serve the Killeen, Harker Heights, Nolanville, and surrounding areas.
* We have several patients with autism.
* Some come to us already diagnosed, some we diagnose ourselves.
* We screen for autism at an early age during well child visits.
* If a case is suspected, we make a referral to an appropriate specialist for a proper diagnosis.
* If the diagnosis is confirmed, we refer for the appropriate services.
* We continue to see our patients with autism in our clinic after the diagnosis.
* Sometimes we have to treat other symptoms that come with autism such as hyperactivity or aggression.
* Like other chronic conditions, appropriate referrals are made when needed.